Thursday 7 February 2013

Spring Fair

This week I got myself down to down to Spring Fair to see my new products that have been launched with 'Artistic Britain' , meet some of my clients and gain loads of inspiration on new trends and surface pattern.






This is Artistic Britain's first show ever and they pulled out all the stops! The stand was huge with all 40 designer's pictures displayed and I got to see a first glimpse at their new range of cushions, glass placemats, coasters, and chopping boards. They represent some of the UK's top artists such as Paula Oakley, Bree Merryn, Julia Burns & Innes McDougall, plus a select group of textile designers including Rachael Taylor, Louise Tiler, Jane Bridges & yours truly!. Above is myself with 'Barry Minal ' the man behind AB who already runs a very successful soft furnishings business but has created this amazing new brand out of his passion and support for British Talent.

One of the best stands was from a  from a company called 'Miho Unexpected Things'. There may be lots of stag heads and bird houses around, but this shows its not what you do (as it has all been done before) it is how you do it! These are such a different take on those things, and I also love the branding which ties in with the quirky products. You can buy their products online here .









Another lovely stand was that of a French company called 'Baobab'. They produce beautiful clothes, accessories and homewares which involve combining co-ordinating fabrics and trimmings to give a patchwork type feel, but in such an effective way that really makes the colours and prints sing. You can see the rest of their collection here.








I'll be posting more from my trip in the next few weeks so please come back for more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment